Monday 11 March 2013

Small contingent

A small contingent from the wine club ventured along to a rotary wine tasting 'do' to help raise money to eradicate polio. Rotary have been working towards this aim for the last 25 years and there are now just four (I think) countries left where this is still a big problem; Afghanistan , Nigeria and ???

There were 4 whites and 4 reds presented by Dr Shane , their resident south African wine buff.

The whites were a bit disappointing but two of the reds were outstanding (well I would say that wouldn't I)


Our winner was , by a clear head the 2012 concours Mondal medal winner '
Bush vine' Pinotage from the Bernard series. It also won the international decanter world wine award and was best in show 2012.
Available from majestic wines at. £14

I bought a bottle to share with friends later who were unable to join us.

A great night, good food and worth going I think ... We even won two bottles in the raffle.

Mark


Thank you Mark, I tried the red it was very dark and tasted of liquorice, was good, two glasses and you would have a headache I think !

Some pictures from the evening:




No comments: